I know is been a while to post or better, I haven’t been posting as often as I used to and I also know that the photos and the text is less in this post and yes, is going to continue to be less for quite some time but I can assure you there is a very good reason for this. As you know, people and jobs and life in general, evolve through under circumstances and new facts and this is what happens to me now. I have been evolved and I have been taken into a new era through my work, an era with new and amazing challenges that I will try to share with you as often as possible through the blog and my Instagram page and I will try my best to give you the best feedback and the chance to ‘travel’ with me all the way and hope you enjoy it.
During the last few months I have been creating daily posts for a main reason, to be among the top photographers of the world through the most challenging and professional food photography competition of the world, The Pink Lady Food Photography Competition 2017 and secretly hoped and wished to succeed and be a finalist in my most desirable category.
The posts were everything from raw fish to cooked fish, pancakes and fruits, breakfast and all kinds of vegetables, cakes and all sort of traditional Greek and Cypriot pies.One of that pies that unfortunately was not in the semi-finalists is the one that I am sharing with you today, delicious crust topping cheese pie that was made with pure Greek yogurt, feta cheese, pure olive oil, village flour and was served with a traditional Greek coffee.
Since the pie is not in the semi-finals and I can disclose the photos I have decided to share it with you including the delicious ingredients that makes this pie an all-time classic that is easy to make and hard to forget. Hope you enjoy it and above all hope that you will stick around with me since with my big new project that is coming up, I promise to share with you, new stories, new places and new recipes that even I, couldn’t anticipated that exist!!!
- 200g of Greek Yogurt, drained
- 140g Strong flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 170g butter, room temperature
- 200g Kefalotyri, Greek cheese or Regato Cheese, grated
- 500g Feta Cheese, washed and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of fresh milk
- Pepper – optional
- No salt at all
- Pre-heat oven at 180c
- In a big bowl, we sieve the flour and baking powder, we add the milk and stir for a few minutes.
- We then add the beaten eggs, the yogurt and the butter and we continue stir. We add the grated cheese and stir a bit more until we get an even, slightly thick mixture.
- We crack the Feta cheese into chunky pieces and add in the mixture.
- We now stir with a big spoon because we don’t want to crack the feta cheese into little pieces.
- Transfer the mixture in a buttered baking tray and place in the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes and until golden brown on top.
- Serve as breakfast or lunch with a green salad.