Falling in love is not always about a man. Or a woman. Falling in love can be with various things. You can fall in love with Autumn, or Winter, your new or existing house, an opportunity that arose for new adventures, you can be in love with your work and in love with life itself.
This is what happens in my case every single day, I am in love with my work, the ability of being healthy and life itself. I am passionately in love with my work, with photography, cooking and creation as such! I really don’t have an alarm clock to wake up each morning. The moment the light pass through the bedroom I know that is waking up time because an exciting new post, a unique creation a challenge in photography and a new “construction” is awaiting there for me to implement!!
Creation – in every form – has no limits. Creation in cooking has no limits too, although we all know there is never no first time in cooking. We all get “inspired” by the “previous ones” by fellow bloggers, by veterans in cooking, by legends in the food industry. But still there is no ending and will be no ending.
Today’s post was inspired – once again – by the month of Halloween. And why not? It only happens once a year, so why not enjoy it to the maximum. Today’s post is about those pumpkin – spicy pumpkin – cupcakes that have been created tens of times before me. And because of that, I thought of giving them a more playful style to the overall appearance since, the recipe is as perfect as it is on its own.
Pumpkins, are not just for pies. Pumpkins can be for cupcakes too. Mix up these cupcakes with canned pumpkin and lots of spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and star anise and top them with your favorite cream cheese frosting – or my choice of mini sugar pearls – in bronze color and enjoy with pumpkin spice latte coffee, an all-day sweet snack.
- 2 cups/250g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup/220g packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup/220g granulated sugar
- 1 cup/225 mix, salted & unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large, free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 ounces/450g mushed pumpkin/squash
- Sugar pearls to decorate / and ready silicone / or mix sugar and water to create a sticky mixture
- Today I had visited my blog’s analytics only to find out that my American fans are thousands!!! THANK YOU ALL.
Out of respect I would like to let you know that as from today, my measurements will include US metric in every post I make!!
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF / 175ºC / Gaz Mark 4.
- Line, Halloween themed, cupcake pans – in my case it was the pumpkin themed – with the butter you are using for your recipe and set aside.
- In the bowl you are using to mix all your ingredients, sieve the flour and add all your ingredients except the eggs.
- In a small bowl break and whisk the eggs.
- Mix – in the mixer – in medium speed first, all of your ingredients and slowly add the eggs too. Increase the speed until you get an even smooth mixture
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- When cooked transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
- When cooled used the silicone you already bought, or the sticky mixture you make to glue the sugar pearls!
- Enjoy with a hot spicy latte coffee!!